Sunday Recap 3.16.14
Sermon Title: Higher Ground
Text: 1 John 2:28-3:10
Countdown Music: Higher Ground by Stevie Wonder
Worship Set List: God’s Not Dead; Jesus, Son of God; You Revive Me; Where the Spirit of the Lord Is; None But Jesus
From the Message:
- A lot of us are living at a level of life that is far below that which God purchased us for.
- We are not being held back by our CIRCUMSTANCES, we are being held back by our SIN.
- We have a HIGHER CALLING.
- We have been adopted by one who has “the name above every other name”. We honor that name by living as He did.
- Jesus is called THE RIGHTEOUS ONE (2:1). It naturally follows that His children would also practice righteousness.
- We have a HIGHER HOPE.
- Our hope is GLORIFICATION. In the meantime we submit to SANCTIFICATION.
- There is no GLORIFICATION without SANCTIFICATION.
- Salvation is not the FINISH LINE. Salvation is the STARTING LINE.
- We have a HIGHER STANDARD.
- Purity is not a REWARD but a QUALIFICATION.
- The purpose of salvation is to take the chains off of us.
- Sin is not to be DABBLED in, but DETHRONED.
- Faith is not something you BELIEVE. Faith is something you MANIFEST.
- “It’s never wrong to wish for more, but it is wrong to settle for less”. – Travis Shaw, Worship Leader
- We have a HIGHER FREEDOM.
- Jesus is LIGHT and light expels DARKNESS. If Jesus is in you the darkness HAS to flee!
- There is no such thing as “sinless perfection” this side of heaven, but sin is no longer the norm.
- Every time I am tempted there is freedom available in Jesus Christ. To believe otherwise is to minimize the power of the cross.
- The reason the Son of God appeared was to DESTROY the work of Satan!