Looking Back at Sunday…
My thoughts on yesterday’s service…
- We are so blessed to have the worship team we have at LifeJourney! I always sense the presence of the Holy Spirit when those guys are leading us.
- Just in case you didn’t know, Quinn and the band spend about three hours a week practicing and countless other hours planning, praying, and dreaming. They take their calling and giftings seriously!
- Yesterday we talked about honor and humility. Honor cannot be taken, it must be granted by God, and humility always precedes honor.
- Instead of seeking honor for ourselves, we should seek to bestow honor on everyone we come in contact with!
- Honor always puts love before the law.
- The Pharisees were so concerned with their rules, they had forgotten the heart of God. Unfortunately some people in the church have done the same.
- Honor puts others first. (Philippians 2:3)
- Comparing ourselves to others results in either pride and arrogance or self degradation and loathing.
- We should only compare ourselves to Jesus. He is the standard. When we compare ourselves to Him, the result is humility, worship, and praise.
- We can never measure up to the standard of Christ, but He still honored us by dying on the cross for our sins!
- We honor Him by showing love and grace to those He shed His blood for!
- You will never show more grace to someone else, than what God has shown to you.
- “Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it is not thinking about yourself at all.”
- Honor places privilege on the underprivileged.
- We most closely resemble God when we are generous to those who can’t pay us back.
- Can you imagine what the world would look like if everyone sought to honor others, instead of seeking it for themselves?
- Looking forward to hearing how God has used you to honor someone in His name this week!
I am really looking forward to next Sunday! THIS is the week you want to invite those in your circle of influence who don’t know Christ!! Check out the promo video here.
Make it a great week!